When you’re ready to start assigning users to reports, you can control which reports users can access in two ways:
- Start with the user(s) and select report access
- Start with the report and select which user(s) can access
Controlling report access en masse
If you want to control report access en masse for specific users, you should use the Manage Users dialog box and follow these steps:
- From the Admin Tools tab in the Tools ribbon, click the Users button. The Manage Users dialog box will appear and show all existing users and reports.
- Click a user. If you want to use the same settings for multiple users, you can Ctrl-click multiple users. The corresponding report settings appear on the right side of the dialog box.
- Use the check boxes in the Allow column to specify access for each listed report.
- Click Save.
Controlling report access per report
If you want to pick and choose users who can access a particular report, use the Users tab on the Edit Reports dialog box and follow these steps:
- From the Admin Tools tab in the Tools ribbon, click the Reports button. The Manage Reports dialog box appears, showing all existing reports.
- Click on a report to highlight it, and then click the Edit tool button. This opens the Edit Report dialog box.
- Click the Users tab.
- Use the check boxes in the Allow column to specify user-access for the report.
- Click Save.